Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Derringers music

I use this wah with a squire strat (I know it sucks but I get a pretty good sound out of it) and a Marshall MG100DFX. I also have a big muff which is awesome, a Boss dd6 equally as impressive and an Ibanez seventh heaven which I got for $50 it sucks. I like to use this wah before the muff even though most people use it afterwards. I find it gives me a more pumpkiny tone for lead which is hard to get and sounds awesome. It can be a bit noisy at times but that is only when the treble on my amp is on full and the amp is turned up alot. I'm pretty sure my guitar contributes to the noise aswell. Most people say that the Vox and the crybaby are the same but I tried them out in the shop and found that the Vox had slightly more range and better mids.

I play shrump rock and have done for 9 months. I know this seems like a short period of time but I have grown incredibly fast in my guitar playing. I have accomplished as much in 9 months as most people do in 2 and a half years. As I said before I own several effects pedals which are pretty much standard. My rig goes Squire Strat, Vox Wah, USA Big Muff Pi (awesome), 7th Heaven (only because it acts like a noise gat to some extent), Boss DD6 (I recommend it). If my wah was stolen I would hunt them down tie them up and make them listen to the horrible squeal it makes when the batteries run out for an entire week non stop. I can't say I hate anything about it the only things that I could come up with that I slightly dislike about were that it only took batteries and made a horrible squeal which I kind of like anyway. I compared this wah with a crybaby because the Vox and the Cry Baby were similar in price and were both well known. I chose the Vox because it has bigger range and better mids. The only thing I wish it had was a power supply input. Otherwise this is the greatest wah pedal ever and anyone thinking about getting a wah pedal should get this one.

This wah is very reliable except for the fact that it doesn't have a 9v power supply input so you have to batteries which last a long time but when they run out and you put the pedal in the heel position it makes a high pitched and very loud squeal which I like to use to piss off my friends.

This Wah pedal is one of the easiest effests I have ever used. All you have to do is push down firmly on toe position to turn it on and then groove with those cool tones to your hearts content then just push down firmly on the toe position again to turn it off. The only thing which is a bit annoying is that it doesn't have a 9v adapter input so you have to use 9v batteries which is cool because it's a wah pedal so it doesn't take up much energy as it is basically just a tone knob activated by a pedal. To get to the battery you have to get a srewdriver and take off the entire bottom plate which is held on by 4 screws but this doesn't bother me as the batteries last for ages.