Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

I am using this pedal with a Les Paul through a JCM 2000 and around 4 Boss Pedals, and let me tell you, my tone is amazing when this thing is on. Compared to Dunlop wah-wah pedals, the Vox has less noise, and the overall effect is at least 4X as strong. Using this pedal you can easily get the wah sounds of Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, and countless more artists Who have used Vox Wah-Wah pedals over the years. It sounds amazing with both clean crunch and distortion tones. Heavily saturated metal tones also sound exceptional.

This pedal works great with the styles of music I play (alternative, classic rock and metal mainly). I've been playing for around 2 and a half years, and have acquired a lot of pedals, amps and guitars. This Vox Wah-Wah was one of my best purchases. If this was stolen, I'd know why the theif stole it, and then I'd kick their ass to get it back. There are only 2 things I don't like about this pedal: no AC power, and when it is on you get a very, very slight amount of noise added. This could possibly be due to a few bad cables I'm using. Before I owned this I had a Vintage Original Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah, and let me tell you, the Vox wins everywhere. More tone, more Wah, and better, stronger sound. The only thing I wish this had was a AC jack.

This pedal is built to last. You could probably throw this at a wall and it would still work fine. There is absolutely no need for a backup, and I'm certain that this won't ever fail me at any gigs. If this did fail me, I'd go out and purchase another one right away.

This pedal is probably the easiest pedal to operate. Just press the "toe" of the pedal to turn it on, and rock back and forth to change the tone. Pressing to the front makes favors treble, and the back adds more bass. Amazing sounds are very easy to achieve.

The_messiah
    Fantastic wah pedal when compared to the Dunlop Crybaby. Its sound is much better without any doubt. The only problems I can see is that it doesnt have true bypass, an on/off led or a DC adaptor. However installing true bypass is easy enough. Actually there is a company that sells a kit so you can do it yourself. Google "Pedaldoc" and you will find them. The DC adaptor is also an issue but I heard this wah pedal dont have one because it will cause it to hum... Anyway appart from these little problems the pedal sounds great and it is a good investment.
    led_zephyr
    The Vox clyde McCoy is better, but i'm buying this one anyways, cause the other one is 150. peace.
    led_zephyr
    i got this on 2 weeks ago, and it rocks. you can set it so its out of phase and it just brings your playing to another level. in addition, it makes your guitar sound more sharp and helps you cut throught the mix very well. Get it, it kills crybabies!