Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Dolphiin Music

I use it with a PRS Tremonti (humbuckers, Les Paul style) with a Tubescreamer through a Carlsbro Stingray Lead (60w). The Wah sounds great when using it with a clean tone and it lets you be expressive with your lead breaks. When off there is no drain on the tone despite it not (allegedly) having true bypass. it's sound works well enough to use in a covers band.

This is a very good rock wah. Luckily I play in a rock covers band and it's perfect for Hendrix, Zeppelin and Cream. However I've played it with a heavier distortion and it loses a lot of clarity. I would recommend this pedal to everybody bar Metallers as it would be a waste of time for them to purchase this. If it were stolen or lost I would immediately buy a new one. It's main competitor is the Crybaby and I prefer it's more gradual Wah to the Crybaby.

Depend? I would trust this pedal with my life. It's metal and will not break. I has had beer poured on it and I've gigged several times with it and it's not even scrathed. Also the battery life of it is quite long, I recon 3 months of solid gigging before it needs to be changed.

This is the simplest pedal probably in the history of pedals to use. There are no tone controls, you cannot control the filter, there is no volume boost control. I prefer this pedal to the Crybaby as I find it has a more even sweep to it and a smoother transition to high (toe) end. However the major flaw in it's design has to be the battery access. You have to totally unscrew the bottom of the pedal to replace the battery. This caused me to be unable to test it before I bought it. Another minor flaw is that there is no light to signal whether the pedal is on our not.