Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

I use this with my Epiphone Les paul through a Fender FM 212R with a Boss ds-1 and an american big muff. Like I said I tried the jap and the US versions. The sound was pretty much the same. I'm an audio engineering student and that's given me a good ear and turned me into a bit of a tone snob, but that said the japanese version was just a little bit thinner in the treble range. But this pedal does help me get a classic rock sound. If you like Clapton, Hendrix, John Frusciante, or a number of other artists then running this pedal with other distortion/chorus/reverb pedals can get you their sound.

I ended up buying the japanese version because it had the power adapter input and it was half the price, and that's when the store had accidentally underpriced the american. From what I'm told though, any Vox wah can be easily modified to have an ac adapter input. I play a lot of RHCP, Rage Against The Machine and early Clapton and this helps me get their sounds, but you wouldn't buy this if you played metal or something like that. It looks sexy, it sounds great, it was one of the cheapest wahs out there, and it's a Vox. Nuff said.

It's built like a brick. when you look at some other wahs, like the bad horsie, they look like they might snap if you frown at it. I'm not going to, but I could throw it across my bedroom and it would survive to play another day. It made of steel with a chrome top so it's not gonna rust.

I tried out two versions: the japanese and the american. They were pretty much the same in terms of the pedals action, but the japanese one hadn't been worn in yet so it has some slight resistance. But after using it for a couple of hours it's moves smoothly and the tension is just right, but can be adjusted later. The rubber stoppers at the top of the pedal also make it a little hard to turn on/bypass, but these have already started to compress more. Otherwise, it's a wah. It goes on/off and back and forth.

sergiotall
    The wah effect sounds great but dose any one get there amp distortion muffled when they use the peddal if so do you think i can counteract it with a distortion pedal
    Storm_Bringer_
    this wah pedal isnt the best with distortion, adding a distortion pedal will make things worse. it works better with high gain if you put it in the fx loop of your amp (if it has one) but it becomes very whooshy sounding and less vocal
    guy_tebache
    Dimebag22 : guitarNbass wrote: I don't think jimi used a vox? I'm pretty sure it was a dunlop. Anyway doesn't matter. My friends gotta' a Vox and it's really nice. I use a dunlop and I like it much better, it's got a lot more "pop" in it. Both pedals are really nice. Jimi used a Vox, and Dunlop just made a "signature sound" from their Hendrix Cry Baby. But Vox is made by Dunlop anyway. It's a great pedal, I would recomend this pedal to anyone in the rock to blues to funk genre. Go out and try one!
    He used both Ihave two Jimi posters in my room and in one hes using a vox on the other he uses a crybaby. Only difference is he uses no fuzz pedals with the vox. After having this pedal for a couple of months and having more experience with wahs, I already wanna replace it. Its good, but others are way better. I would still recomend this pedal to a person just starting out with wahs or pedals in general.
    sergiotall
    What king Wah pedal would work good with distortion if not this one,in that case is this pedal even good for metal.if not I ****ed up in buying this thing