Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: UGer

I am using it with my MIM strat, Peavey Classic 50, and assorted overdrives. It's a quite quiet wah. It's less noisy than my Morley Power Wah. The effect is kind of weaker sounding, but that's it's classic sound. It's honky and very good on cleans. If you want to play Jimi or SRV, this pedal is a good choice to get their wah tones. It's not throaty or agressive though, so you metalheads may have to find something else. With a high amount of distortion, it sounds very bad. But, if you play the blues, classic rock, or just anything that involves wah and a clean tone, this pedal is perfect for you. Not quite 10, since it's not super versatile. But, if you mod it, I think it'll become a solid 10.

I play blues and rock. This is a great match for it. It gives me the tones I want for classic rock, and sounds great clean. This wah is a must for Jimi fans. If it were stolen or lost, I think I'd either buy another Vox V847 or try out a Budda Budwah. Just average up the scores above. I recommmend this wah!

It's a tank. I've stood on it, thrown it around, basically abused it. This thing is made to be stomped and abused. The metal shell is thick, the jacks are metal, and the pedal itself is solidly connected and strong. I already have a backup for it, but I don't think you would need a backup. But, it's always a good idea to have one. 9/10 again. Because any pedal can always be tougher.

It's a wah. No controls, very simple. Only a bypass Switch under the toe end of the pedal. Rock it back and forth, it's that simple. Make sure when you're playing, you don't accidentially bypass the wah. 9, since it's very simple, but it's not a 10, since I'd prefer a design which I can't accidentially bypass it. Like Morley wahs.

psychedelicscre
    this wah wah pedal is nothin leik th original , the origanal hgad a fasel this doesnt and hendrix's had a halo in it , this one doesnt. its worthless
    COWlan
    I found the Ibanez Screaming Demon and the Morley Bad Horsie to be the best sounding under heavy distortion, unless you go boutique but then you'd be paying at least 2x the price. I have had 6 wahs, Fulltone Clyde is the keeper.
    sergiotall
    I have a few questions for you bro. 1.Which one is better the Bad Horsie or the Screaming Demon Under distortion? 2.Is it true that the Bad Horsie turns on instantly when you push on and turns off when you let go?no clicking it down needed. 3.which one dose not change the sound of the distortion? when pluged in and turned off because this one dose.
    TerpsRHCP
    I got a Crybaby and to be honest i hated it and around 7 months after i got it it broke. The day after i went out and bought this and it was the easiest guitar decision i've ever made, i tried it out for 30 seconds before i knew i had to have it.