Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Ok, I'm using an Epiphone G-400, Traynor 25 watt amp and a Line 6 Uber Metal distortion pedal. It sounds amazing with distortion and without. This is not noisy at all, unless the amp is noisy without it (like too much distortion/volume). The quality of the "wah" is really great. When you step back on it, it's all mellow and bassy and stepping forwards it's trebely and clean sounding. You can pretty much get any Hendrix sound on this and it sounds like Slash too with the right distortion.

I was looking for a pedal for metal. I really like this because it's good with distortion. There's no loss of distortion when using it. The main reason I bought this was because I had been looking at a Dunlop Original Crybaby and this was cheaper and the guys at L&M said it was better quality. If this got lost or stolen, I would go try some more expensive pedals (like the Slash custom) but would probably buy this again unless I noticed a big difference (the Slash pedal was $70 more). I compared this with the Original Crybaby and didn't notice a big difference in sound though I liked this one a bit better and it was cheaper, so I got it. Really good wah pedal.

This pedal is built out of metal so it's not going to break easily. Standing on it wouldn't even do anything. I'd use this without back up, as long as I had an AC adapter so the battery wouldn't die. It has rubber on the bottom and top so that it/your foot doesn't slip off.

You plug in the cables, AC adapter and step on it. Could it get any easier? It's really easy to get a good sound out of as long as you step at the right times. I think it came with a manual, I didn't even bother looking really. Nothing's been done to this pedal in the ways of upgrades and I don't see why anything would need to be done.

Multiplayerjon
    i like it to. Me and Old Gregg made a band called the funky family. I heard he was on TV... i dun believe it just kidding. i like this one two. and only after 8 months of having the same battery, i need to replace it. yeah... that's long. "I'm OLD GREGG!!!"