Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

I love the sound's I can get from this! I play a number of different guitars with a Boss DS-1 through a Fender Blued Deluxe, Mostly an american strat. This pedal is great for that Vintage "VooDoo" wah sound everyone covets. I also play a modded fat strat and I like to use this pedal to just change the tone mid song. Though I found that in my effects loop thah it loses something, But that could be my fault. And as for noise, I think anyone can make a pedal sound bad-but I had a hard time doing that with this Vox wah.

I mostly play your basic punk/hard rock, this pedal doesn't exactly go hand in hand with that but if you also like funk and late '60s, it's perfect. I tried this and the Steve Vai Bad Horsie, I liked the sound more from the Vox, also the Vox can rest at different angles, the Horsie can't. Though the Horsie's switchless design is really cool. That could be the only beef is the Switch takes some effort to switch on/off. Overall very impressed.

From what I can tell it's very heavy, the bottom seems to be crinkled steel? And the top is chrome, with a big rubber foot pad. I would always reccomend having a fresh battery. I haven't had this pedal long enough to report battery life. I don't think it'll go out mid gig. You'd probably have to intentionally try and Hurt this pedal to break it.

It's very easy to use. One Switch and one sweep pedal. Mine came with a little multi-language manual, suggesting where to place it in my chain and how to plug it up. But anyone should be able to figure this pedal out. The sweep range is great and once you get rocking it's east to figure out how to get the sound you're looking for.

Psych0pat
    How does this pedal compare to the Crybaby 535Q? I've seen some pretty nice reviews for the Crybaby 535Q. What are the pros and cons of each? Which one is better overall? Which one should I buy? Thanks to anyone who answers