Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

I run a Squier Affinity Strat through a Squier 10W and a Rolan Cube 30 amp. The pedal gives a slight hum which is only noticable if you're not playing anything. The one I purchased has a scratchy pot so I lose some tone quality from it but I will be replacing it so no worries. The wah is wider than the Dunlop classic and GCB9 95. However, the wah isnt that great. The wah becomes less noticable after the 9th fret and can't be heard around the 15th and above. Overall, it's a good beginner wah, obviously not as good as a signature wah such as the Slash Wah, or Zakk Wylde, ect.

I've been playing for over two years and I pretty much play everything. This pedal isn't good with a lot of distortion and or gain. This pedal doesn't have an AC jack for an adapter and so it only runs off of a 9v battery. The battery life is pretty long though, if you unplug it when it's not in use of course. If this pedal was stolen I would invest in a much better wah, something with an even wider sweep, can handle more distortion, and can hold up high in the frets. So far the best wah I ever played was a Real McCoy Wah but those run for $200 and up and are hard to find. Overall though, this is decent pedal for the price, good for beginners.

This pedal is made out of metal and thus it is built to last. don't expect this to break anytime soon. The battery is located inside the pedal and can be reached by unscrewing the four knobs that hold the bottom plate onto the pedal itsself. As far as durability I would gig with it.

This pedal is one of the easier to operate out of most wahs. Simply plug your guitar into the input, run it through the output, turn it on, and you're cookin' with gas. Rock the pedal forward for more treble, rock it back for more bass, or both. Mine didn't come with a manual (bought it used) but Who needs one anyways. The one I purchased was made in China.

~Shred Hero~
    How does this pedal compare to the Crybaby 535Q? I've seen some pretty nice reviews for the Crybaby 535Q. What are the pros and cons of each? Which one is better overall? Which one should I buy? Thanks to anyone who answers
    I would go with the 535Q. You can dial it in to get different wah sounds and Im pretty sure you can get a vox wah sound from it with some tweakying of the Q control.
    lorrythebassguy
    i just got the V847 Wah, its good stuff! Alot better than the standard Crybaby & the Boss Pw-10 wah. Now all i have to do is make some space for it on my pedalboard!