Wah-Wah Pedal review by Vox

Vox: Wah-Wah Pedal

Purchased from: Absolute Music

I use an Epiphone SG-400 with a Boss DS-1 and a Peavey Vypyr. The transition from bass to treble is smooth and very nice with no abrupt change in the middle. However, this does not have any dials or switches like some other Wah pedals, so what you hear is what you get, end of. But the Wah is nice and full and is fantastic distorted or clean, so you should be very happy with the sound you get out of it.

I play plenty of styles from classic rock to jazz and instrumental rock music, this suits them all nicely. If this was stolen/broken, I would either get this or the Big Bad Wah pedal for greater versatility. Before this pedal, I did have a Dunlop crybaby, and as I recall, I was not completely fond of it, as such I sold it and bought this because the crybaby's Wah is too abrupt and would require modifying in order to get the Wah sound I wanted. This pedal not only sounds better to me, it was also cheaper, so it was a win-win. The only thing I would really want is an LED light to indicate if it's on or off.

This is made from about 2 types of metal (most likely die cast and stainless steel). It's very well built and could be thrown at solid walls with little problem (although, why would you do that?!). It's totally reliable, the battery life is pretty good, and I'd definitely gig without backup!

Well, It's a simplistic Wah pedal. Press the front end to turn on and off, Rock back and forth to operate! The battery compartment is accessed by removing the 4 rubber feet on the underside of the pedal. This pedal does not have an LED to indicate whether it's on or off, which is annoying, but bearable.

snakespan
    Anybody know how this compares to the Jim Dunlop Jimi Hendrix signature Wah?
    hendrix2010
    asher286
    Wich is best? this or dunlop 535q? im about to buy one of these so i need advise UGENTLY!!!
    Ro734
    they sound cooler with distortion in front, muck around and see what suits you best
    hendrix2010 wrote: my one makes a crackaling noise when i have my toe down, is this normal? i took it into my local guitar shop but it didnt do it there. anyone have any advice?
    thats probably the pot wearing, u can buy them new on the internet