Bad Dog Distortion review by Washburn

Washburn: Bad Dog Distortion

Purchased from: Sam Goody

I used to have a standard Squire Strat. It sounded pretty good, but my friend's Ibanez sounds better because of the humbuckers, and my guitar is a peice of crap. It also sounds cool when you plug it into a bass guitar. I use it with a Marshall MG15DFX, and have used it with my Frontman 15G. I can get the sounds that I want just by adjusting the four knobs, and adjusting the settings on my amp, too.

It's a match for my music. I play anything from Van Halen to GNR, and metal-style songs. It satisfies my needs. If it were lost/stolen, I'd try and find the same kind cheaper. I love everything about it. It has everything you need in distortion: level, gain, and two tone knobs. Compared to others I saw on the internet, and in magazines, this was the best. The sound is definitely more controllable with this.

I can depend on it. If I had a show, I'm pretty sure I could use it without needing a backup. The plastic knobs broke, so I have to turn the controls by the little metal thing. I also lost the spring inside, and the screw that kept it shut, but that's just for cosmetics and comfort. I just like the sound and the strength the body has.

This pedal is easy to use. It has a level knob to control the amount of distortion, a low knob to control the low-end of the distortion, a high knob to control the high end of the distortion, and a gain knob for the volume of the pedal. You can get a lot of sounds out of it. Harmonics sound really good on it. It's my first distortion pedal, and I'm glad to say that, because it's powerful.