Bad Dog Distortion review by Washburn

Washburn: Bad Dog Distortion

It sounds great with a Peavey Rotor EX through my Marshall MG15DFX, an Ibanez Jumpstart through an Marshall MG15DFX, and my Squire Strat through my MG15DFX. I don't have the money to buy a good guitar. With my MG15DFX and this distortion, it can compete with drums with the amp set at about 7 on the clean channel. It produces a screech, but that's if my amp would be anywhere above 6, with guitar volume at full. I don't exactly try and sound exactly like my favorites, like Van Halen or The Scorpions, and my other favorites play clean. But this pedal makes harmonics sound a lot better.

I play metal, classic rock, and sometimes I just mess around with harmonics, taps, and other techniques. It works great for me. It goes great with my Marshall MG15DFX. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again. I love everything about it. I can't think of anything abd for this pedal.I did not compare it to any other distortion. At the time I bought it, I was just looking for anything I could afford, and what use is a flanger if there's no sweet distortion to use with it, and the OD on your Frontman 15G is terrible? It has what a distrotion needs. And I think you would have more control over tone if you could actually control over bass and treble.

I can depend on this. The battery life is great, and it has a slot for a 9V adaptor. The knobs broke, and I lost the thumbscrew and spring inside. But the spring and screw were my fault. The knobs weren't turning right, so I took them off. I think it actually looks coller without them. I would use it without backup. I don't have another one, and I won't get another.

This pedal is really easy to use. It can get some metal sounds, which my friend did, but I prefer classic rock. It's really easy to get great sound out of it. No manual. It's not really needed. It's pretty self-explanatory. You just need to read the knobs. Level is level of distortion, low and high for EQ, and the gain which controls volume, I think.

marvelboy_04
    a friend of mine has this pedal and i played with it. it got a good bit of feedback but it still got a pretty nice nirvana sound. in fact it even sounded pretty good w he started playing metallica and skynyrd
    Alkaline300
    and how long have u been playing guitar? its like a first act distortion pedal u can buy it at meijers
    mark---
    look at the e v h 5150 review and the tapmaster923 review.. same person??
    THE JEWISH AFRO
    do these seem like they are written by people who have been playing guitar for a few weeks or is it just me??
    hammet_malakian
    mark--- wrote: look at the e v h 5150 review and the tapmaster923 review.. same person??
    lol they do look pretty similar
    Wazini
    Its hard for me to believe you know anything about sound quallity when your playing with a frontman.
    E V H 5150
    Yeah, I got a new name. Tapmaster seemed like a stupid name. But this pedal is still great. Now that I've got a Peavey Hp Signature EXP, the sound is great. It produces harmonics perfectly, but this pedal will eventually become obsolete if I get an ME-50. I just wish I had a better amp to play it through...
    E V H 5150
    Sad day today. Damn pedal just randomly stopped working after putting in a new 9V battery. So I'm looking at a DS-1 from Boss now. My Bad Dog won't turn on. I don't know what the hell happened. And I'm really pissed, because now it's only a matter of ease (I found out my amp could actually get some nice distortion tone). I loved this pedal so much, too! SO in response to this random breakdown, when reading my review, think of a 9 as a 6. I don't care how much you pay for a pedal. It should not ever breakdown like it did. Peice of crap...