Bad Dog Flanger review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Washburn: Bad Dog Flanger

Purchased from: Local Store (Turkey)

I found out that when you increase the effect volume you get unpleasant noise and cracking sound. Also it's not possible to turn regen to close to the max value because if you do so you get an enormous and loud sound. This sound is much louder than the volume you've adjusted and therefore I prefer not to open the regen at all. Also I should mention the speed setting, that's quality falls when you max it. When I used this pedal I also discovered that when you play loud (like half of the 30W cube amp) there is plenty of noticeable noises. I think this effect is very weak one and I wish I hadn't bought it at all.

I play rock, metal and also a bit of everything and I bought this pedal to practice with the flanger effect but I'm not satisfied at all. I wish I had tried it before I bought it. It certainly does not worth those 60 bucks I paid for it. I would never recommend it to anyone.

It looks really good but unfortunately not everything that looks good is good. I was unlucky to buy this pedal and of course I won't use it on a gig, not even when I practice. I think it will really do on stage, if you want to make audience hate you, just turn on this pedal and you'll get the results.

4 knobs (level, speed, depth and regen), stereo output and led battery indicator. There was also a tiny manual for how to change the battery. It may be not difficult to use but the range of tones you'll get with this pedal is very limited. I couldn't manage to get any good flanger effect yet and I've tried every single combination of the settings.