Bad Dog Phaser Review

5.5
 1,480
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Bad Dog Phaser Reviewed by: guitar21@WE, on april 08, 2006

Ease of Use: For any pedal, it is pretty much take out of box, and wrapping, and play. Once you know one basic foot pedal, you know them all and set the settings to your preferences. The ease of getting a good sound out of this is great. // 10

Sound: My set up is an American Strat hooked up to a 60 watt Peavey along with a wah pedal and a Boss Mega Distortion pedal. This setup only gets noisy with a screeech with all the pedals turned on. However I never would play a style of music wiht those kind of effects. The sound of this pedal gets the job done for the phaser effect such as from Van Halen. It isn't as good as the actualy phaser used by VH, but gets the job done. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is very dependable, as I proved that quickly as I accidently was looking for my power pack for it and accidently plugged in my keyboard power pack which was 18 volts, not 9, and I smelled somethign burning from it. I thought I busted my new pedal, but it was tough enough to survive that frying. I would definetly depend on this pedal for a gig. // 10

Overall Impression: The style of music that I play is classic rock. with this pedal, I love to crank out the Van Halen sounds as it is good with the sound they produced with some distortion or gain. I have been playing for 4 years and wanted a change up from the distortion that was all I was hearing from my amp and fuond this pedal to be a great change up in it. I love the ease of use and the type of sound it brings. But I'm not completely happy with the quality of phaser pedal it is, but I am not one to complaing. If it was lost or stolen, I would remember it greatly, but move on to a better pedal. // 8

Comments