Bad Dog Wah review by Washburn

Purchased from: Media Play Close out

Now, my set up for this is playing from an American strat, to a 60 watt peavey amp along with a Washburn Phaser pedal and a Boss Mega Disortion. I find that if ui have all the pedals on at the same time, I get an odd screeeech sound. However, I woudl never play with this kind of sound, however unique a phaser, wah and disortion pedal combo is. The sound from this pedal gets the wah job done for me for song slike voodoo chile(slight return) But, this pedal does not come close to the Dunlop pedals but at a price of 30 bucks I couldnt go wrong for the basic wah sound.

The style of music I play ranges from mostly classic rock to metal to punk. I've been playing for 4 years and have been awed at the wah sounds from frampton to clapton to hendrix. I love jsut the sound. For the money paid I love this pedal, but if it was lost or stolen I would probably save up for a better pedal but never forget the experience of a nice sound for a decent price.

This pedal is extremely sturdy, and I would have no problem giggin with it with no back up. Dependable.

Like any pedal, it doesn't take a genious to work a pedal. It is extremely easy to get a good sound out of it as I was abble to pop a 9V battery in from right out of the box and just plug it in and play it. Love how easy pedals are. Just step on it to turn it on, step harder to turn it off, easy as 1-2-3.

gallagher2006
    Pretty good pedal, but the battery dies much quicker than, say, a crybaby and the sound is okay at best.
    MooshMooshMarc
    its a good pedal for it's price, but my one hisses when it's at the still position (but still on)
    andrewAnimosity
    i got mine yesterday for 20 bucks from a friend used and it works fine i got a power supply instead of a battery and mine doesnt hiss when it just sits there...but i love the pedal and the great price
    shoegazey
    oh god, not another 'i play many styles of music from classic rock, metal, and punk' XcX.