Blues Overdrive review by Washburn

Washburn: Blues Overdrive

Purchased from: Amazon

I tried this thing out with my Peavy rage 158 2x2 combo amp & with my special 2 ephiphone; this thing works with ANY setting. However, this pedal can get incredible noisy if you increase the pre-gain and the post-gain of the amp. That will also increase so much overdrive, the only thing you can here is just distortion; but this thing sounds great with a clean or lead channel. It sounds professional when you play songs from Areosmith, Blur, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Weezer and many more. Finger tapping does not sound very good on some channels.

The name says it; it match's perfectly with blues because it brings it to life when you play 12 bars or any blue scales. I've Recently got this just a week ago, so I was really spoiled. I also tried it with my Wah-Wah Pedal and it does sound beyond the blues. I really love the Overdrive of this pedal since it works with the blues genre.The least thing I like is that it sometimes sounds too deep on the lead channel, so its not that easy to get a high equalization.

If your looking for a simple Overdrive or distortion pedal, then this pedal is one of the sharpest knifes in the draw. As long if your not going to play Eddie Van Halen style, then This would be great without any backup because this can increase the excitement of any song with decent distortion/overdrive.

This Overdrive pedal increases the distortion from anything. The name may say "BLUES Overdrive" but this works with any genre that includes distortion/overdrive; which makes it easier to play most of the songs that you like to play. Just plug in the input and output, press the "true bypass" button and then you have a sweet overdrive. This Overdrive pedal works with any setting. The reviews have mostly 4 stars but half of the reviews are 5; most of them said that this thing is extremely helpful.

MetalheadforJC
    mlukeroberts222
    I paid $20 bucks for mine and for the price it's a solid pedal. Can get a little noisy, but you get what you pay for. Does anybody have any recommended settings?
    kindadumb
    MetalheadforJC wrote: I didn't like this pedal at all. Probably because of my amp tho. It had the same OD as my amps rhythm channel OD and it made almost nothing but noise when I used the distortion/lead channel and with my Digitech Metal Master. Also almost everybody has it for $20 - 30 USD.
    If you're using another dirt pedal at the same time as a heavy metal distortion while on the distortion channel of your amp, I don't care what the other dirt pedal is - you're going to get noise. That's a TON of gain!