Lyon Distortion review by Washburn

• Reviewer's score: 2.5 Junky

I'm using a Carvin MTS 3212 and a Ibanez Jem, Jackson DK2S and a American Strat with this pedal and it isn't that good. You'd be better off getting something like a Boss DS-1 for $50 bucks, I thought it would be better. It east up batteries like a mad man eating batteries. It's really noisy, even using a noise suppressor it made a lot of hiss. Unless you have the gain on 2 that is. I geuss if you turn the bass, mids and gain up all the way you could get a semi-decent distortion. But then again, any amp with a Overdrive channel (even solid state ones, Even Marshall's MG series) can get a matched tone or even a better one. It wasn't worth $50 bucks. I would get a Boss or one of those Fab Distortion ones for 15 bucks.

This thing sucks. Avoid it unless it's your only option, and as long as there is a Boss pedal on this earth. That won't happen. I've been playing for almost 5 years and gone through and played a lot of pedals, this is by far the worst one I've ever used. I wish I never spent the 50 bucks, but atleast I got it back for somethign more important.

Depend on it? I returned it after a week. And if I was given it for free, I wouldn't use it. I'd probobly use it for target practice to be honest. If you gig with this thing, you deserve everything you get. Unless you wanna have a sucky tone.

This thing isn't that bad for a low budget OD pedal. It's not a TS808 by any means, but it works for the avarage walmart guitarist. It's kinda hard to get a good sound out of it but it's not that bad. It was just your standard stomp box so no patches or anything like that. Didn't come with a manual, just a diagram of what the controls are used for and how to insert a 9V battery. I can't even find it on the Washburn website or even online for that matter. It must've really sucked.

papersun87
    We sell these things at Target where I work . . . you can get a Boss DS-1 or a DigiTech Hot Head for the same price, so only get this pedal if you're threatened with death and the only way to get out of it is to buy a Lyon Distortion.
    Muddy_Banks
    i bought it and returned it the next day : ) YE I BOUGHT IT AT TARGET it's still hanging there
    beefyboy232
    you can get GHS strings at some Wal-Marts here. every kind available. but i still wont buy them there. cause wal-mart is the devil.
    zleftyguitarist
    This Pedal isint bad for a fist pedal but stick with boss. And stay away from walmart anything. All of their things are made from the childrens tears.