Lyon Distortion review by Washburn

Purchased from: Target

I use a Fender Tex-Mex special edition stratocaster through this into a Behringer bass amp. With some EQ tweaking, the muddy bass sound is gone and there's some pretty awesome distortion. I can get awesome Van Halen tone and pinch harmonics from it. It's very easily changeable to suit each application. The pedal is noisy with gain, but most distortion pedals are like that.

I play anywhere from acoustic stuff to metal, and this pedal can be tweaked to fit any of it. It gives very good pinch harmonics, which is a favorite feature of mine. If it were stolen, I could actually afford another! I was afraid of buying from target, but I was quite pleased with my purchase. I have a bass, an Ibanez beginner guitar, and the stratocaster, and I use a DigiTech RP80 and put it through my Behringer bx1200 amp.

This thing is built like a tank. It is all metal and battery-efficient, but I bought a power cord. There is no need for a backup when you are using this pedal. It has gone through several band practices and there isn't a single scratch. It has not lost any spring tension or anything, and should continue to work well.

This pedal is very straightforward. There are gain, volume/level, high, and low knobs. They are all self-explanatory. No manual came with it, but you're probably not very smart if you need one. This pedal can get some pretty sweet lead and rhythm tones with a little bit of adjustment. You won't need to spend much time on your knees messing with it.

stonyman65
    i just returned it, a few weeks laters I was talking to one of the guitar n00bs in my school and he was like "I have the best distortion pedal ever!" I ask what and he said "a Washburn Lyon" so I took a look at it when he brought it in the next day and geuss what? IT WAS THE SAME ONE I RETURNED! i wrote something on the side with a sharpie before I returned it and there it was! I laughed my ass off for almost an hour.
    SkAsupafly
    ther 20 bucks at my local target and im happy with the chorus pedal. but the demo recordings of the wah and distortion SUCKKED!