Soloist Distortion review by Washburn

Washburn: Soloist Distortion

Purchased from: Amazon

I used this pedal with a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amplifier, and it did the job great. I didn't even recognize any noise, and it was great for band practices with a lot of solos. This pedal can get extremely noisy when the contour is turned past 3 o clock, but other than that, it works great. The effects work great, and they always seem to stay strong. All the effects have very good value and work great, and you can get a good variety of tones.

I find this was a good investment, and worth much more than what I paid for it. It may seem small, but this pedal is great and is a must have in a pedalboard. This pedal can almost perfectly emulate tones similar to Steve Vais', and I have no regrets. This pedal suits well for Led Zeppelin, Green Day, AC/DC, and many other bands. It has a wide range of sounds for its size and price. I would definitely buy it again, as it is great to have as a backup or just to have around the house. Putting this pedal in front of other expensive multi effects units, this pedal has lots and lots of value behind it. Worth buying.

This pedal is really solid, however, in cases too solid. I find that the true bypass is hard to switch from on to off without applying some force, and I sometimes have the wrong settings for a particular song. However, using this for a gig with about 20 people, this pedal suits really well all on its own without any other pedals in the signal chain. It can do the job really well, but I use another multi effects pedal due to the fact that it is a multi effects pedal.

This is a good pedal for getting fuzz type sounds, and has a sufficient range of sounds, from blues to rock. This is just a mono purpose stompbox, as there aren't any patches, presets, etc. You just dial in the sound with the gig-worthy knobs and find the tone that works best for you. The instruction booklet could be better, as there aren't really any tips or helpful suggestions for use right out of the box. However, it is really easy to get used to and after a while, you don't even need an owners' manual. This pedal is very simple, but you can get some great tones with it. My unit hasn't been upgraded or anything, but I find it doesn't need to be upgraded. I do have some problems with the battery compartment down below, though. This unit runs on a 9 volt battery or a 9 volt adapter (battery/adapter not included).

kenvy
    I got this pedal for free when I bought my guitar. I didn't like it, even my brother thought it was bad. But it you really thought it was that good, then I must of had the knobs turned to get a bad sound.
    anderseb
    It's really about the perspective on which you have, I spent a while fiddling with the knobs myself.