AC Booster review by Xotic Effects

Xotic Effects: AC Booster

Purchased from: Prymaxe Vintage Guitars

I bought this pedal for my American Strat with Kinman pickups. This pedal sounds great played through my Blackheart head at 3 watts and my Mesa Boogie lonestar. It is perfect for getting that fat crunchy tones out of a strat. I play classic rock and blues. This pedal sounds transparent and provides tons of sustain.

I have been playing for 18 years. I have a Taylor T5 and an Epiphone Les Paul. I've been waiting to find the right sound and I really found it in this pedal. It brings my guitar and my amps to life. I just wish I found it sooner. I would replace it in a minute, and by the quality of the tone, I would first look to xotic to buy my next pedal.

I haven't had it long enough, but it's built in a heavy gauge steel box. I would hate to not give it a 10 because it sounds great. I would get through a gig without it, but it wouldn't sound as good. I brought it to rehearsal and I got 2 comments on my sound from the guys in my band before they even knew I had it. They didn't know what sounded different, but it just sounded better.

This pedal is easy to use. There are 4 knobs; gain, volume, bass and treble. I am using this pedal for a boost for my leads and to fatten up my rhythm. A great feature of this pedal is that it really responds with the volume on my guitar. Turn it up and it's crunchy with tons of sustain...lower it volume and it beefs up my clean sound. It's easy to dial in great sounds because they all sound good.