AC Plus Booster review by Xotic Effects

Xotic Effects: AC Plus Booster

Price paid: € 150

Purchased from: Marktplaats.nl

This thing is great! I was looking for a pedal that could give me singing sustain when I couldn't bring a cranked valve amp; to get a good lead sound without depending on the amp. This pedal gives you so much options (boost, crunch, regular OD, soft-hard clipping mode, EQ) that you'll find your thing, while the character of your guitar stays intact. The thing that makes this pedal stand out is the ability to choose what side to stack. You can get from open sound to compressed; killer! Eric Johnson violin sound is easy to dial in. Currently using it with Les Pauls and a Gretsch, on a Vox Cambridge. I have yet to try it on my big amps, but I'm sure it'll sound great!

I play rock, hardrock, pop. Been playing over 20 years and own a lot of guitars, pedals and some amps. I would buy it again if it was stolen! Love the stack options and the fact this pedal gives you so much flexibility. Rhythm and lead in one pedal, with the sustain I'm always looking for (without compressors, or metalhiss). On my main setup I get endless sustain by using a OCD on either a Jubilee or a Vox AC. This thing will get me close without having to dime the powerstage. I compared this to other 2 channel pedals (T Rex Dr Swamp, Seymour Duncan Twin Tube, Carl Martin DC Drive, CAE 402, GT 500 etc).

It is built sturdy, metal housing, decent knobs. I'd gig without backup. Most pedals are dependable, if you stay away from Boss.

Pretty straightforward controls. There are a lot of options, but they all do what you'd expect so it's easy to find your sound. I got it without the manual, no problems. The box says it #1722.