UB99 Magicstomp review by Yamaha

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Yamaha: UB99 Magicstomp

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I use a Washburn BT6/9 run to this to a Crate comdo. So of the distortions are noisy but then thats common. It has a lot of effects that I wouldn't even consider to use in any of my songs. The others are pretty good not great. But like I said you can get the sounds of your favorite artists if it works for you. Now they have John-5.

I play a lot of Sum 41, Metallica, mostly rock. I have been playing for like 5-6 months. If this was stolen I would be so pissed. Because I wouldn't be able to sell it to get closer to a Boss.

After like 15 min of playin the buttons got harder and harder to push. A little WD-40 fixed that. I woulnd't take it on a gig either.

The layout is super simpul. 3 buttons (on/off) and 4 knobs. One knob is the volume, the onther 3 control 3 parts of that effect. You can download patches from the internet or from a CD that comes with it. Only it didn't work for me, I couldn't get any other effects. It has 99 presets and 99 user sets so if the program works for you, you can have 198 different efects which is alot. It's to much for the 2 buttons to swith from.