UB99 Magicstomp review by Yamaha

Yamaha: UB99 Magicstomp

Purchased from: MusicStop

I use this pedla with my Fender Stratocastor and a Peavey practice amp. I find it to be pretty noisy, especially on distortions, and depending on the situation, it may need a Noise Suppresor (like the Boss NS-3). All of the the effects sound great though, and it is easy to get the sound of my favourite artists (I play Coheed And Cambria, Yellowcard, some other stuff). My favorutie effect is the Metal Distortion, which is good as any type of distortion, and awesome for pinch harmonics.

I've been playing about 5 years, and I use it with an Ibanez Delay, a Boss Chorus pedal, and a Dano Compressor. If it were stolen, I might look into a different pedal, probably a cheaper distortion pedal, as that is what I mainly use it for. It is the best pedal I have though, as it stands.

My only main problem with it is that there is about a second delay when switching patches. So it could be tricky to manouvre when playing live. It is pretty durable though, and I have used it on a gig.

It is very easy to get a good sound out of. It has some very nice distorions, and some even better delays. The patch editing is fool proof, and very customizable. The manual is always very easy to follow, but not really needed.