UB99 Magicstomp review by Yamaha

Yamaha: UB99 Magicstomp

I am the type of guy Who has trouble affording good guitars and amps so that worried me when I bought the Magicstomp. I was worried it wouldn't work or something but it worked perfectly. I plugged it to an old Crate amplifier and a Gibson Epiphone Special II. It is really noisy if you turn it up loudly. I'm not sure if it would make enough sound in front of crowds since I've never gigged with it but I'm positive that it would give the crowd an unforgettable time. Everytime I try these effects they keep coming as well as new so that's not a worry. The main reason I wanted a new guitar effects pedal was because I wanted to play Boulevard Of Broken Dreams by Green Day and after I got this pedal, it's as if I was listening to the song itself. The effect to do that is heavy tremolo.

I play rock, alternative and punk but I don't think it matters what kind of music style you play for this pedal to help you. It's got Acoustic Guitar which I find it really helpful on a song I wrote. I have been playing for 2 years and I've owned the Magicstomp for about a year. Before I used a cheap DigiTech but this one is way better. Before I bought it I wish I could've asked how many patches it can hold but that would've been my only question. If I lost it I think I would not buy it again. I really like it but with 200 dollars I would buy something else to try something different. My favorite feature about this is that now I can play my favorite songs and put more effects into my songs. I never compared this because when I saw it work on a store I was postive that was what I wanted. I only wish it had a more complex guitar tuner since I had trouble understanding it at first.

So far I don't know how resistant it can be since if haven't had a gig with it but it does actually look kinda delicate and easy to break. I would gig with this on the condition of the song not having many effects since it sometimes takes a sec. to change. Most of the songs I write aren't multy-effect so I would use it sometimes.

I think I got this cheap comparing to what it is. The Yamaha Magicstomp comes included with 99 effects but patches can be downloaded from the item's official webpage (magicstomp.com). It took me less then 5 minutes to set it up, plus the manual is completely detailed on every step to download patches. One of the problems I had with this was running the program but I got it to run eventually. Another flaw I noticed was that it sometimes takes about a second to change after you stomped the pedal so that could be unhelpful when giging.

hempsey
    This pedal overall is a very great sounding pedal i have been playing for about 3 0r 4 years now. If you can get this pedal as a beginner DO IT. This was my first pedal and i gets you lots of practice.You will sit for hours messing with each effect there is 100 preset effects and all are adjustable. It is very durable and able to Be dropped ,good for maybe someone younger who may drop it.Or Be less reponsible .even though it is a beginner pedal to me because i started with it....The sound is amazing I highly recommend this pedal