7000 Volt review by Yerasov

Yerasov: 7000 Volt

Price paid: € 40

I'm running this thing through a GX-10 amp. The sound I get from it is great, it has a lot of tone, but still sounds very trashy. If you put the gain all the way on, it might get noisy as soon as you touch the strings, but it shouldn't be needed to put it all the way out.

I play alot of Death and Trash metal with it, and i can get every sound from it I want, from the classic Megadeth sound to the melodic Children Of Bodom sound. I wanted to buy the DigiTech Death Metal effect first, but my brother told me to get this one. Looking back I'm glad he told me because it has a lot more options then the Death Metal effect. If I would somehow lose this, I would deffinatly buy another one because its the best distortion I've used.

So far, its been a great pedal and im using it for over 7 months now. I haven't done alot of gigs with it as I'm not in a band, but before me my brother used it for a year and he did alot of gigs with it. Changing the battery can be a bit difficult as you have to open the whole thing up to change it. So if you dont have a screwdriver with you, you might be screwed :D

This is a great distortion pedal. It is very easy to set up a good thrash/death metal sound with it and altough I haven't tried it yet, I'm sure you can get good hard rock and "british" metal sounds from it to. The names are a bit strange, but you will understand it fast enough. Current (level), Life(Bass), Shock(Middle), Death(high) and Voltage (gain).

The^Unforgiven
    Seems pretty good! Also, congratulations on NOT choosing the Digitech Death metal, it's a very bad pedal imo, it's pretty much a one-trick-pony, and the trick in question doesn't even sound good.
    Poopr
    So if you dont have a screwdriver with you, you might be screwed
    LOL
    SeanX3187
    seems like it's a pretty good deal. not a fan of death metal (the genre) and i especially hate the digitech death metal pedal. even the guys in the death metal scene around here won't use it. i've never played this one so i'll take your word for it.
    slashe50
    I probably should have gotten this instead of the crap-tacular Boss MT-2.