1010 review by Zoom

Zoom: 1010

Purchased from: EBAY

I'm using it with a Peavy 5150 Halfstack amp and a BC Rich Warlock guitar. Some of the effects are a little weak but the good ones make up for the others. I can get the Tesla sound, AC/DC distortions, and the Journey screaming guitar solos. The distortions are great, but the acoustic simulator is weak.

I play mostly classic rock and cchristian rock music. It's great for those styles. I've been playing for about five years now and I own a BC Rich Warlock, Epiphone Les Paul, Kona Electric Strat, and a Fender Telecaster. I really wanted the Zoom 4040, which is the kick ass version of the 010. I would definitly by it again if they still sold it. I love all the distortion effects. The worst thing abouut it is that it has no expression pedal. My favorite feature is the built in tuner. I don't like having too many things on stage at church, and after doing the solos, sometimes I need a tune up. I compared it to a couple of the DigiTech products. I chose this one, because of the feature/price comparison. I still wish it had an expression pedal.

It's very dependable. I play christian hardrock at my youth group and it's the only pedal I have on stage.

It's got an awesome sound to it. It has room to make your own patches. Superb Zoom guitar effects in a very compact, all in one package: four foot controls, great presets like rhythm, classic od, valve od, screen, compressor, delay, wah, eq, vol, flange, vintage drive, drivemaster, fuzz, power lead, talt. Fully editable. Very easy to use and program. Lots of parameters, onboard tuner, store facility for your sounds, bank, & patches the Zoom Player 010 is suitable for many styles & can be used for great rock and blues where it sounds like a Boss be5 in many ways but it really excells for heavy rock and metal where its got the tone to go with the best of them.