2020 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Zoom: 2020

Purchased from: eBay

I use a cheap strat copy and a Behringer GM108 amplifier. It can be as noisy as you want it to be, using the ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction). Some of the effects are pretty poor such as the Wah and Overdrive but other than that, they are great. I play stuff like Green Day and Blink 182. The distortion works great on Green Day songs and I use the flanger alot cause I play blink. The flanger is awesome and so is the chorus. The Overdrive is the poorest. Here is a list of the effects: Clean 1, Clean 2, Overdrive 1, Overdrive 2, Dist. 1, Dist. 2, Compressor, EQ, Wah, Pitch Change, Phaser, Flanger, Tremelo, Stepper, Chorus, Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Reverb.

I play punk/rock/punk pop so it does suit me rather well. I've only been playing since march. I'm getting a Richwood LP for Christmas '05. I currently have a Behringer Strat with a 15 watt amp. I don't think I needed to ask any questions. I only intended it to be a unit to use around the house. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again. I'd buy something better due to the lack of effects. I love the flanger and distortion that's all really. I didn't compare it as I only got it for a mess about around the house. I Wish it had more effects! Overall, I reccomend this for someone who aint serious or who just wants to try some effects out.

I wouldn't use it at a guitar. It is plastic and isn't extremely strong structure wise. I can depend on it for home use though.

It's pretty easy to use. The effects are labelled clearly on the front and a bright led light shows you which effect you are on. Editing patches is easy but I had to look through the book first before I understood I fully. The manual is extremely detailed and will tell you all you need to know. I aren't certain if this has been upgraded.

Donkey Fly
    I have chnaged my opinion of this now. It isn't actually that bad...and it durable for gig use. I dont play Green Day anymore btw