3000 review by Zoom

Zoom: 3000

I use a WHITE Kramer Beretta and a black Ibanez RG270 plugged into a Peavey KB-300 BW and line out from it into a Laney HCM120R. No noise at all. All the effects are strong and full of life. The distortion number 7 is absolute power. Ideal for everything I play. I can get the sound of all my artists like Megadeth, Metallica, Yngwie Mlamsteen and Impellitteri. The bad thing in this effect processor is that the buttons are very weak and theu can't function properly. Tjey're very sensitive and fragile. Mine has been working for years and no problem except for the first button, but it's ok ofcorse I just have to press it a little bit harder. I'm not one of those Who press it like if I was killing bugs. And the other bad feature is the noise reduction. The manual advices to keep it at full charge, but, I have to attack the guitar strings so hard. I rather prefer it in low numbers so I can sweap and shred confortably. Maybe with a Boss noise reduction apart could work better.

I play Metal Trash, Shreding guitar Virtuoso, Heavy and Symphonic Metal and itis a perfect match for what I play. I've been playing for 14 years. I have Drums, a Washburn B-15 guitar, Crafter electroacustic guitar, Ovation electroacustic guitar and a flamenco guitar and a acustic valenciana guitar. I wish it would have a better noise reduction and a more digerible instructions manual. It's fine, but you have to re-read some things and some characteristics are a little bit tricky. If it were stolen, I'll maybe asked someone to purchase it in the United States. I'm from Mexico city. But, in the meantime Iill but it a new one from another brand because here in Mexico music dealers there's no Zoom effects. Only Boss. I love everything about ergonomics, effects and the metal distortion. I hate the noise reduction because there's so much noise reduction at high levels that you have to attack the strings so hard. My favorite feature is the distortion, the talking box, the compressor and the equalizer. I don't have point of comparison because at least Boss has a very different configuration and sound. I like their slogan: catch us if you can! I chose it because I sold my first one. ME-30 Boss difficult as hell to create a good and standar distortion. I sold it to a friend now guitarrist of my band. And then one friend Who traveled to USA got this so he sold it to me. I don't with anything more. Zoom 3000 has everything for me and beyond.

I definetely can depend on it. It's the only one I have besides the Laney Crunch Factor. It's like having 9 guitar effects in one single effect pedal. I don't have another one, so I have to depend on it. And, in case having another one, I'll not feel confident and safe playing in another ones. I've tried some pedal processors and my answer is: I feel strange. I'm in love with this little great toy.

It's very easy creating sounds. Editing is easy as well, the manual describes step by step in a very detailed way. The model is Zoom 3000. As far as I know this unit hasn't been upgrated, but, I could be mistaken. It's been a long time I'm not interested in any other model or even searching for other models.

DaveHelen62
    Help please: I have a 3000 and it got neglected for a while but am back using it again. Does anyone have a copy of the sheet with the preset patches listed and what they do? I can't find mine anywhere and it is a real bind to have to trudge thru to find the preset I want ... Cheers Dj
    HighwayHawk
    you've been playing for 14 years,and give a straight 10 review to a crappy item like this? may i suggest the Banshee talkbox?
    ravioli123
    Please do not buy Zoom pedals, its encouraging them to make more sub-par products. I have 6 broken Zoom pedals here, I'm ashamed that it took me 6 pedals to realize they're shit. Fair enough if your on a budget, but just put in that extra bit of money and you'll be better off in the long run.
    freshtunes
    Indie Purist
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Zoom pedals. I have a G2 and it sounds great to me, especially for $80
    BlueLabel
    Yeah, I have this one too... It's quite old but still rocks and kicks ass hard! I have been playing for years, but still prefer to use this because of the simplicity or the straight forward use of its different functions, albeit the lower sampling rate of the processor (ADC/DAC) compared with the latest ones.
    Whiteboy_az
    freshtunes wrote: Nothing ever deserves a perfect ten, unless it has a bottle opener on the side of it.