3030 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 04/19/2005 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Zoom: 3030
Smooth and precise expression pedal controls volume, wah and pitch shift and effect parameters. 32 built-in distortion, modulation and time-based effects with up to 7 that can be used simultaneously. Fully user programmable.
 Ease of Use: 8
 7.5
 8.5
 6.4
 4,714
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
3030 Reviewed by: samlynch, on april 19, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: It is fairly easy (3/5) for getting a decent sound out of it. All the pedals are fully functional to swap between patches (all 56 of them). Manual - didnt have one, printed one off net and was really easy to understand. // 8

Sound: I plug a Squire Strat into it with a standard cord. I then plug the pedal into a little Squire amp (dunno what it's called). It can generate a loud noise but isn't at the best quaility (little bit of humming - more louder). 1/2 of the effects are editable so you can have custom settings, can get all kinds of soft and harsh sounds out of it. Very versitile. I can get te sound of RHCP outta it, but not of Green Day. It has step as well which is wkd. distortion od sounds bit cheap I think but still airly good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yup, I'll gig with it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play indie/rock and mainly clean setting musics outta it and gives a comparable sound (4.5/5). I have a Squire Strat and amp and this, I only have been plaing 4 months! If lost I'd get something different. I love the step bit of it. Wish it had a better display - it's only got a 88 display. // 8

Comments