505 review by Zoom

Zoom: 505

Purchased from: midlands sound equipment, athlone

I use this with my new Vintage Metal Axe Sg and a Fender 15watt amp but with the distortion out of this anyone would think I was using an amp twice the size and price. I can get the soung Kirk Hammet gets out of the Enter Sandman solo with the wah effects. I can get that Jimi Hendrix feel out of this. You can also get the Welcome To The Jungle delay effect.

This is my first effects pedal. It has really improved my soloing with the distortion and wah. I play hard rock and metal and love shredding and this helps. As I said it really get the absolute best out of my amp. If it were stolen Id buy the same one. I loved all of the features they all were great. I wish I had the expression pedal though, I feel as if I'm missing somethig without it. In Brief Great qaulity especially for the price. Get it.

Personaly its a little bit too small, like my frieand almost stood on it today. The wires are a bit messy, but I could depend on it.

It is vey daunting at first but after about ten minutes of readind the maual I completely under stood it. It is very loud when you first turn it on but that can be easily altered. I know there is a #2 model of this but I read the #2's reveiw and it's practictacally the same except for the colour.

wilson479
    i paid 120 for a guitar, amp, flight case, leads, tuner, plectrums and this pedal came with it. the only thing i like really was the accoustic simulator but it is pretty cool.