505 review by Zoom

Zoom: 505

Purchased from: Arties World of Music

I use a Stratocaster and a Marshall amp and have also played on an Ibanez guitar while using the pedal. The effects pedal can have it's volume adjusted so if you don't like it loud then you can lower it. Some of the effects can be weak but usually they produce quite a good sound.

I play a variety of music and the effects pedal seems to work with it. If none of the effects worked with the music I could always modify them. If I had to buy the pedal again I probably wouldn't as it was only a starter while I was learning guitar basics, I'd probably look into a more expensive effects pedal.

I can depend on the pedal and wouldn't expect it to break down for a while even though I've had it now for 2 years. I'd use it in a gig without a backup as my amp contains effects which suit the style of music I play (rock) so if something did happen to it I could just use my amps effects.

It is an easy device to use simply plug it into the amp, into the guitar and into the power supply and play through the different effects. It has editing patches so you can edit and customize effects to suit your liking. The manual is easy to use and can help you a lot if you didn't know what to do. It also explains how to customize effects on the pedal.