505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Star Music

The sound is good. well really it's Awsome makes single coils sound like humbuckers. The distortion is awsome, Same for chorus, flanger, etc. The one thing I wish this had was better Auto Wah, the auto wah is so low u have to hit all the strings to get a good wah sound from this, So ur going to have to buy a real wah wah pedal, but there are a lott of things the pedal does besides wah when hooked up to this alot of the features are allowed to be controlled by pedals so a pedal is a necissaty for this. But overall the sound is awsome.

I play metal, Thrash, and Alternative and this pedal really helps. All the distortions allow you to put a mood into your music and all the other effects help as well. As I said earlier the only fault I can find with this pedal is the Auto Wah is very weak. Besides that it's awesome. If it were stolen I would replace it with the same thing.

It's really dependable and it's got great battery life. In fact I've had the same batteries for about a month and I haven't changed them and I play alot. May look kinda cheap only thing is I wish the switchs were a little more pressure sensitive on mine so I can switch faster but besides that it's reliable and durable, Great pedal.

It's a good pedal and it's easy to use to. The manual Kinda helped but's it's a little confusing at first. Editing the patches is also kind of confusing but besides that it's pretty easy to use.