505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: lakeshore music

I mainly use it with my Ibanez GRX-20 and Traynor Reverb mate 40. It sounds fairly descent, but since my amp is only a transistor amp, some of the effects dont sound as sharp as they should. Some of the distorion effects even sound soft when at lower volumes. Although the metal sounds usually sound really nice and sharp. The distortion effects are nice and strong, but I find the wah to be really weak. I play a lot of Blink 182, Sum 41, Metallica, Linkin park, and a variety of other hard rock bands, and I can usually synthesise most of the sounds they use.

I play a lot of hard rock and heavy metal music, and this pedal works great for me since it has a wide variety of distrotion, flanging, and chorus effects. I have only been playing for about a year now, and don't own that much in the way of guitar effects. If it got stolen, I would might buy another one, but if I had more money at the time, I would probably buy a more high end model. I love the metal distorion and chorus on this pedal, but wish it had stronger wah. I have also tried using this pedal with a squire strat, a paul stanley silvertone, an epiphone Gothic Flying V, and a takamine G-series acoustic. All of the distortion sounds with the silvertone come out as a low frequency crucnh - very heavy - very nice. The metal sounds are especially strong with the epiphone. I just wish it had better wah...

Well... it hasnt broken yet. I've jumped on it a few times in live gigs for added effect, and im surprised it hasnt broken since it is just plastic. I would definitely use it in a gig without a backup since I don't have a backup. Overall, I would say that it is pretty darn durable, but it would be better if it was metal.

This little monster of a multi effects pedal can be used very easily in my oppinion. Can switch quickly between 36 patches. Would be better if the pedals were more sensitive for easier switching. editing and creating new patches is fairly simple, although I like analog controls better.