505 II review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I am quite embarrassed to say that I use an Epiphone Goth SG on a Fender Stage 100 amp. It sounds pretty good. In order to get the sound of my favorite artist (METALLICA!!!), you will just have to adjust the amp settings. The pedal is perfectly fine.

I play rock, and I have to say that this unit hasn't "blown me away", but it did meet my expectations. If it were to be stolen, I would probably buy a more updated product than this one. I love the fact that the patches can be changed to fit your needs, but I hate having to search endlessly through settings to get the desired sound. Overall, I found it rather average.

It is rather dependable, though I would never use it for a gig. The pause between changing patches would make me feel uncomfortable on stage...

This unit is relatively easy to use. At first, I was content with most of the previously created patches. As time went on, though, I needed something more edgier. There, I found that there is a rather large variety of effects to combine to form one sound. This may be a strenuous task, but it is worth every labored second. So if you are looking for a specific sound, you are bound to find the right combination to blow your mind!