505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Music Store

I use a Peavey Raptor plus guitar with a rage 158 peavey amp and when I use the pedal I get some great metal distortion out of it as well as a good acustic replication... I mainly use the "C1" preset with a patch level of about 25.

I play alot of metal music and ocasionally stuff like "The Doors" and I find this pedal to be great, I have only been playing around 5 months but I am ok at playing... if I was going to get a new pedal I would probably get the 06 though because it has a whammy/wah pedal on the side but if you are half new to the world of guitars this would be a good pedal to start wit or even if you aren't new and looking for some good metal distortion I suggest this pedal.

So far it has served me well... batteries last a really long time in it and it was easy to use, if I was doing a gig I would definitely make sure I had new batteries in it just to be safe though.

This effects pedal is very easy to use and has a good few preset effects as well as being able to make my own patches... I haven't personally read the manual (too lazy) but it is easy to use and I figured it out pretty well without it.