505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Paul Bothners

This peadal can realease some deadly sounds with the tweaking. I play nu-metal and heavy metal (System Of A Down, Norma Jean, Neshamah, The Used) so this pedal is good for me. I play a Cort G-250 with a 15 watt Fender amp and it sounds really wicked on it. When I'm on stage I use a PA system and the pedal sounds great through that as well. Sometimes the effects can be a bit noisy, but with noise reduction (bulilt into the pedal) it makes the pedal the best on earth.

I have been playing for about a year and a half and I got this pedal about 6 months ago and has been the greatest. This pedal makes the Overdrive on my amp seem junk. If I ever buy another effects pedal I would definetely buy a Zoom one, because they sound awesome and they are dirt cheap. So take my advice and go buy one today! There is one thing I always wondered, why are Zoom pedals so cheap? If you have the answer please e-mail me at habotic@yahoo.com.

I have slammed on this pedal pretty hard when I'm on stage and it seems to have lasted, but I havent exactly put all my weight on it yet because the pedals are made of plastic and don't look to strong, but the bottom is made of steel so there is a strong base. Personally I wouldn't have a back-up at a gig, this pedal seems pretty reliable.

This is pretty easy to use, you would get nowhere without the manual though, but once you get the thing worked out, you can release some killer tones. The patches are really good with some nice pre-set ones. If you don't know how to use the pedal properly you could get a bit stuck and irritated and some people complain bout changing patches but once you know how to use the patch switch function, this pedal kills!