505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Friend

I use a Jackson Warrior XT which is great for heavy metal and a use a PA system with it. It sounds great, the variety of tones is endless with the ability to make your own patches. There are not many effects which are weak, I haven't tried them all yet, but the ones I have tried have been superb.

I have been playing for about 3 years and I play all kinds, from rock to metal to blues to classic, This pedal has the widest variety of effects to fit any style. So I suggest it to anyone! I can't think of anything I wish it had because it's all brilliant. If it was lost or stolen I would Definetly by another Zoom, not neccessarily this one, but a Zoom because of their wide variety of sounds.

It seems pretty solidly built. Nothing has broken yet and I've had it for about a year now. I have played gigs with it, without a back-up and it has been great!

This Machine is very easy to use, but at first it's quite hard, it is very important to read the manual or you'll be lost when creating your own patches. Editing the patches are pretty easy if you know what you doing. The manual is very comprehensive so if you have that you have a clear path from there on.