505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

This has a reasonably good sound but if your going to play a gig with it make sure you set each patch volume correctly in case you might get a sudden severe feedback when you switch. The main thing I do not like about it is that there is a very short delay when you switch patches. It's only about a millisecond but I would reccomend Zoom as they change straight away.

I play a mixture of all rock music such as Snow Patrol, Green Day and some of our own. I have been playing since I was 10 and I'm only 16 now. I have a Boss DS-1 and a Boss OD-3 and I'll probably buy more pedals such as a Boss tremolo and Equaliser and Compression Sustainer. At the moment I have a small Marshall practice amp and will soon buy a Marshall DSL100 when I get the money. I would have preferred to have got Boss pedals instead which are more expensive but very professional. If it got stolen I would have to rely on more Boss pedals. I love tha many effects such as step as you can use it for some Killers tracks. I mostly hate the delay in switching. My friend had this and I thought it was good so I got it for my birthday.

I can depend on this as can always be used as a backup.

It is a very easy-to-use pedal in which you can find your needed effect quick enough. The manual is pretty much straightfoward. This is a black 052 different to the ones that are sold in America. I haven't used it in a while because I'm using a Boss DS-1 and a Boss 0D-3 which have a better sound for me.