505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Ok now the effects. They are alright, about medium. The flanger, phaser and chorus are nice, most of the distortions are average not too great, the wah is weak and sounds like a duck quacking, the znr is useful but it dosent really reduce noise by much, the 4 band eq is quite good and there are other effects, some are quite useless. Overall the effects arent that great but still usable.

I play metal (Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden) and a tiny bit of rock. This pedal isnt too good for it since the distortion isnt really the metal type but still usable. If it were lost or stolen I wouldnt buy it again, instead I would buy a good wah pedal and a distortion pedal. Still this is a good pedal for begginer/intermediate players.

Its quite reliable. I've never gigged with this before so I dont really know. Its made of plastic but still its quite strong and durable.

This pedal is pretty basic and simple to use but only after you've read the manual. Only takes about a day or two of messing around to get used to it. I suggest getting an AC adaptor, batteries only last for 28 hours.