505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

It is a really good multi-processor and has some amazing patcheson it. It can get a little noisy but it can be solved by tweaking the settings. Most of the effects sound great and possibility of your own patches is also really good. I can get practically any sound I want on it from all artists. All the effects are good and a added benefit is the ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction), which helps alot.

I play mainly rock and metal and it suits these genres perfectly. I am pretty sure it suites all other genres well and gives an amzing sound. I have been playing for a year and I find this pedal a really good buy. If it ever gets lost, I will buy an other one. It is a really good pedal for any guitarists and is an gud buy.

It has a slightly weak body and you would need to hadle it with care. It has pretty low battery life and there is a must for spare cells (AA). I would use it in a gig but I would advise everyone to have spare set of cells handy. It would also be good to change the cells after every set. A backup is not neccesary.

It is a pretty easy pedal to use and can be figured out quite easily using the manual. Many good sounds can be got out of it from the preset patches and be making your own patches. Some websetes also offer you patch settings for specefic songs or sounds. Editing patches is pretty easy after reading the manual and understanding each setting. The manual is really good and it can be used for any problem that might arise.