505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Nottlemann music

I plug my Epiphone Les Paul Custom through this pedal into a Fender frontman amp and am able to get a pretty good sound out of it. It isn't noisy unless it is on a very high gain distortion setting in which case there is a bit of a hum. The effects are usually pretty good I especially like the delay but the phase shifter is kind of weak. I play mainly blues, classic rock, and metal and the blues driver is great, there is a modeling effect called Zep Stack that gives a pretty good Zeppelin, and the wild metal distortion is awesome.

If this pedal were stolen I would probably buy another one or maybe I would get the one w/ the expression pedal on it. As I said before I really like the Digital Delay and the harmonist is pretty cool (although a little annoying if over used). I also like the fact that it operates on AA batteries and not 9 Volts. I wish this pedal had the expression pedal on it but you can buy one seperately which is what I will probably do.

I would depend on this pedal and would use it at a gig without a backup I've never had this pedal fail me except for the batteries dying once.

This pedal is fairly easy to get a good sound out of and find the effects that you're looking for. Editing patches is very easy and you can usually make it do what you need it to. The manual helps where it can but I found the pedal pretty self explanitory the only thing I cannot get it to do is switch from one patch directly to another that is farther up or down the bank.

Canfudil666
    I still have it. It only works like 2 years and then the input and the outpup stop working well, and the effects are cheap, the only company thar sound real is boss, digitech, rocktron,and line 6