505 II review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: E-bay

I'm using a 25 watt Carlsboro amp and a bc rich iron bird, a Jackson Performer and a Fender Strat with it and they all work well. It is noisy on different patches as you can have different patches at different volumes and as I am yet to change all the patches you get some horrid noises. The sounds you can get out of it are ok, for the price I paid and as I am not in a tribute band itll do but if you wanted to get a certian sound it'd be better buying the actual pedlas the artist uses. All the effects are standard, none are really outstanding as its a multi effects pedal, for better effects by the specific pedals.

It's a good macth as I play all styles and this pedal lets me play them all at an alright level. I've been playing a year and have had this for half my playing time and it fits well with my other gear as it can cater for all of my guitars. If it was stolen or lost I doubt id buy another I'd go out and buy my faveourite effects sperately.

It isn't all that dependable as mine already refuses to work with batteries and only a plug. I would not gig with it without some form of backup.

As it is a multi effects pedal getting a specific desired tone is easy if you know how, its just knowing how. The controls arnt too tricky, aka spin dial to which effect you want to choose but as I bought it without a manual I had to work out how to edit patches and choosing effects all by myself. Editing the patches is easy enough.