505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: Music123.com

I'm using a Ibanez RG350DX through a crappy off brand amp but it still comes through pretty well you can adjust the volume level on the pedal to way higher than your ever going to need it. The distortion on this pedal is awesome I only use it for the distortion and all my friends are jealous and are going to buy it because of the distortion. Some of the other effects are kinda weak like the delay is kinda weak and reverb and some other ones but then again I haven't fiddled with those effects too much so I wouldn't recommend this as a super multi effects pedal but a great one for all kinds of distortion.

I have been playing for 2 1/2 years play mostly Satriani and Vai music and some heavier metal like Nightwish, DragonForce, Sonata Artica type music and this pedal is great for all of those kinda of music especially for Satriani, Vai stuff one thing I don't like about this pedal is that the wah sux lol really bad so it's kinda disappointing but I would buy this over a metal zone or other Boss distotion pedals because this pedal has soo much versatility that other pedals don't have in the distortion factory. I mostly bought this pedal cause it was cheap and I didn't know anything about pedals then but it was a great deal.

I can depend on this pedal pretty well, unless you lose the back that holds the batteries then your screwed I have to tape the back and it still doesn't hold very well but I have dropped it plenty of times on concrete and it's still holding strong and not even a chip on it. I would use it in a gig without a backup.

This is an easy pedal to use but if you want to get into creating your own effects which is a lot of fun to do then you have to experiment with things a little bit. With the editing patches you can create your own sounds and modify the original sounds they gave you. I think this might be a little easier to figure out how to use it if you used the manuel they gave you but I never used it and I figured everything out pretty easily.

SOAD_GOD
    WHOA, THIS PEDAL RIPS! if u want ANY type of distortion: metallica, pantera, soad, nirvana, slayer, korn, meshuggah, opeth, anything awesome, and you get it, just read the manual and understand each function first. now, heres my own setting, a killer distortion: level:30 Comp:L3 Distt Gain:27 EQ:29 Contour:-7 ZNR/AMP: A9 (9 for full-on thrash) Mod:off Delay:off.