505 II review by Zoom

Zoom: 505 II

Purchased from: A Friend

I use it with a Squier Stratocaster and a Berhiger GM-108 the worst of this pedal is that it doesn't have a Noise Gate and its Zoom Noise Reduction it isn't very good at all, but it works. I usually plays Heavy and Thrash of 80's like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Angeles Del Infierno, Rata Blanca, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament... I play too some shredding like Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Walter Giardino, Timo Tolki and most of cases I achive a accurate sound. Some distortions are very good, but others no, the MOD effects are good and easy to configure the delays and reverbs are good but could be betters.

Mmm... It's easy too use you can edit patches very well and most of cases you can get the sound you want. I play Metal of 80's it's good for that. If it were lost or stolen I could buy a new Zoom pedal but not this one because is old and want something a little better. Is a good multieffects pedal for beginners, but it has some limitations so if you are looking out for a monster you couldn't buy this but if you don't have a big budget and you are a beginner it's perfect for you.

The pedal is cheap, the price it's cost is good for things you can do with it, at the time I bought this I works very well but now it has some problems, but I'm a electronic ingineer so I repair it by myself.

Well the pedal is very easy to use the knob helps you to choose what effect you're editing. It's a good idea to check the manual, once you read and made some tests you could be able to get a lot of good patches. But the best you can do is take some time until you get want you want, I've had this device from two years ago and I'm always are making new patches and editing somes. Try everything you want and you'll get a nice patch.