505 II review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Zoom: 505 II

I ran my PRS through my pedal board (including a Behringer DD400) then the 505 II and I used it mainly as a tuner. After selling the DD400, I used to 505ii as my delay pedal. Delays are probably its strongest selling point. The onboard EQ is quite horrible, aswell as the mods, overdrives are good but not great, personally I'd never use the onboard distortions. The chorus is also reasonably good, same goes for the flanger. Running it through an AC adapter makes the pedal really noisy, which isn't great, the ZNR covers up the noise but its annoying hearing it now and then.

I've been playing for 8 years. I play rock, jazz and blues. I'm also a guitarist at my church. This was my second pedal, the first being some cheap distortion. Let me end by saying this pedal will be excellent for a new player or as someone's first pedal. It has served me well, although if it has to break or go missing, I'd save up and buy something a little more pricey.

I've used it in many gigs and it hasn't let me down yet. Its made of plastic, so you need to have a light foot when changing effects. Not the strongest pedal, but it hasn't failed me yet.

This pedal is a really simple pedal to use. From setting up effects, editting delays, changing volumes, it can be done in a matter of seconds. It would take you less than 10 minutes to get the hang of it!