606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I'm using a Ibanez RG370 with this pedal... it came with it (I got it for free but it sells for $100 at the store, $170 retail). Most of the patches that come preset sound great, even though some you may have to adjust your volume every time you switch. This is common sense though since gain will increase volume, but I'm going to take off one point from this category because some of them are still simply too weak. The quality of the effects are pretty nice in my opinion. There are different category of patches, and one of them includes 5 patches of artist effects, such as a "Corn" effeect (Korn im guessing) or Steve Vai... very nice.

This effect pedal is good for pretty much everyone. It's versatile but more suitable toward rockers because the patches without much gain are too weak. I'm loving it though because of it's ease of use, number of customizable effects (seems almost endless) and it's durability. Look out for this one if your looking for a good, cheap multi-effect pedal.

When you first look at it, it doesn't look like it could survive a war... and of course it can't, but the feel of it feels excellent. It's durability will last quite a bit I can tell. This said, future electronic reliability is questionable because I haven't tested it for too long... just about a week. But based off what I can tell from its build, I'm sure it's internal parts will last.

This comes with 42 preset patches to go through... and most of them sound great... even though a few are incredibly bizarre although fun to mess around with. Editing them is very easy... all it takes is a twist of a knob and pressing an up or down button to adjust each category of effect. The manual is very in-depth... I was very impressed with it.