606 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Zoom: 606

Well, I'm using a Epiphone Noel Gallagher Archtop Union Jack and a tanglewood les paul with the unit. In terms of amps, I'm mostly using a Marshall 45 watt. The FX gives an amazing sound on most settings. As I said, there are some naff settings, but more gud than bad :) The drive settings are perticularly gud, Especially the Vai 1 (G5). The sound is quiet something. You are able to get the sound of a couple of artists through the Zoom. i.e. Steve Vai, Led Zepplin (Zep stack), Jimi Hendrix (Jimi wahwah), Eric Clapton (Eric's slowhand[or something like that]), etc.

The Machine sounds really good, but in==unless they start soldering there gear properly, I wouldn't recommend it. Personally, I'd recomend Boss. They are QUALITY machines :)

To be honest, I'd never depend on this. It's had to be re-soldered around the jack points, and it needs re-soldering again, as the power input has come loose, making the Machine cut out. If I could afford a backup, I'd have it!

The Zoom 06 does give you alot to play with. It's kinda tricky 2 create a good sound at 1st, but once you read the instructions (probably in that order :P) it's really easy. The instructions are idiot (helpful 4 cases like me :P) The pre-made patches are OK. Some are REALLY good, others are kinda naff. But there are some excellent settings. Some of the patches are based on guitarists or an amp model or other guitar related items. Most of these are good.