606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Sounds Expensive

Most of the effects are pretty good in this pedal. I haven't had a chance to use it with some decent gear yet, as I only have a lame practice amp but this pedal can give you a lot of volume! The distortion sounds great, and all the other effecrs sound pretty good to me! The exception is the wah it's just too weak. I play mainly heavy metal and rock, and it's pretty easy to get the sound I'm after with a bit of tweaking.

Overall, this is a pretty good little pedal. I got seriously ripped off though, I bought it when I had no idea about guitars or anything. But even though it was too much money for what you get, it's great. I've been playing for about 2 and 1/2 years now and it suits the style of music I play and sounds good even out of my crappy 15 watt amp. If it was stolen/lost, I'd probably go for somewhing easier to use and had better value for money. But despite its bad points, it's a pretty decent pedal.

It seems solid enough to me! I would probably use it for gigging haven't tried yet though. I don't think it could stand up to serious stomping, but for what I use it for, it seems good enough.

It's not that easy to switch between the patches you need on this pedal, and the manual isn't that great either. It takes a while to get a good sound, but if you tinker with it you can get a great sound (apart from wah - the sound is really weak).