606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Kley-Zemer

I'm using an Ibanez RG270, and a Marshall 250 watt on it and I like the sound of it. The effects arent always noisey, it depends on what music you want to play. But the sounds is basically great. I could get a "Kurt Cobain" spund on it, not to fat or to thin with a bit of fuzz. Or a Lupus Thunder (Bloodhound Gang) sound a great distortion. And if you want it, and have the patience for it you can get the sound you want which sometimes can take some days if you wanna be specific about the sound. All the effects sound really good. But I'm kinda dissapointed about the fuzz, because its to fuzzy. And I couldn't seem to mix him up with something else to make him sound just like the fuzz point that I want. But it's not that big of a problem. I love the expression pedal. But I wish that the wha pedal was more sensitive.

Now, I play everything from jazz and funk to super godamn heavy metal. And I think that with the settings on this device I can get the sound of all of those sounds. I'm playing electric guitar for 16 years now and have a lot of other equipment. If it was stolen I would probably buy it again. I don't hate anything about it. I don't have afavorite feature but if I had to shoose I would say it's the distortion picking it has great distortion sounds and a big veriety. The only thing that I want in the devise is that the wha-wha pedal was more sensitive.

I can depend on my Zoom everywhere. I trust it to sound good and wont brake down. I would use it on a gig without a back up. I think it has great durability which I can use when I travel.

First of all, it comes with a load of ready patches, every patch is different and fits all kind of styles. The editing function is really easy to use, but not so easy to handle unless you study the sounds and all of the sounds buttons (theres a lot of them) you should read the manual before you touch a patch. The manual is very helpful and has a lot of helping tips and guides. Every page has pictures for graphic understanding.