606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Apold

I use a Squier Strat, and a Fender 15W Frontman with this pedal and it sounds just as good, if not better, than my friends american strat without the pedal. Usually my amp has a buzz with distortion on but if I play with the pedal there is no noise. The effects usuall sound great but the factory presets have a wide range in volume, but you can adjust them yourself. This pedal lets you get the sound of pretty much any artist from Jimi Hendrix to Kurt Cobaine.

I play bluesy-rock, Grunge, and anything rock, but this pedal has any type of music you want, and some your probably dont need but are fun to mess around with. You probably would like to use this pedal on an amp wtih more than 15w because some of the disortion is so heavy it rattles the speaker.

The pedal is so far so good but I think I would bring an extra for a gig because it is made of plastic.

This pedal is really easy to get a nice sound out of it because of its factory presets, and editing your own patch is really easy when you figure it out. The expression pedal is also very easy to use, because you can control different things with it. The manual pretty easy to understand but, if your anything like me you'll be better of figuring it out yourself.