606 review by Zoom

Zoom: 606

Purchased from: Axe Music

I am using the 06 with a Squier Strat and a Frontman 15G amp, which I have had for quite some time now. Some settings may get repetitive with the gain too high, so changing the amount of gain can help create more variety. Some of the blues/american styles personally don't sound as well to me as the rock/jazz, though that is more of a personal statement. The 06 has many pre-customized patches with sounds from artists such as Jimi Hendrix (his "psychedelic" intro in some songs), Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, Jeff Beck, and Randy Bachnan (from the Guess Who). I think the Phaser and Tremolo effects stand out the most, as they sound great, and can go well with most of the pedal-assignments (wah, volume, mod/pitch, dly/rev, and drive). Echo can also add a great sound to most styles of play.

I play rock/punk, time to time I will play some of Hendrix's blues songs. This is a very good match for my style of play, it can imitate almost all of my favourite songs (with effects) with awesome results. I have been playing for 8 months, and I seriously considering the Deluxe Fender Stratocaster and Peavey amp to go with this pedal. I do regret asking about how many input/output ports there are. My friends have asked many times if they could use it as well. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't hesitate to go out an buy another one. I really love the wah assignment, it sounds fantastic! I compared the 06 to a few other pedals around the same cost (unfortunately I can't name them) and this definately stood out the most. Again, I really wish it was possible for 2 or 3 people to use it at once!

The 06 has never failed me, and it makes for a great performance. I would probably feel comfortable using it on gigs without a backup, although no matter what the model I would always feel better with a backup.

The Zoom 06 is very easy to get a great sound, no matter what your style is. Editing patches is very easy to get the hang of, as it is clearly explained in the manual. I have had the 06 for 5 months now, and no problems have come up.

slash_015
    I own this one. I think it's fu--in' good. But the bad thing is the pedal it become casual with the time. That isn't good. But this thing has an amazing sound in my thinkin' WfG Slash